Census Bureau Disregards Multiracial PopulationOur US Census Bureau released its statistics for 2011 school enrollment today. They refuse to give us total numbers of multiracial students. They do have the races as “alone” or “in combination” with other races and Hispanic ethnicity.
We should be given the total number of what they call “in combination” or “people who check more than one race.” They have the data, but they still want a kind of “one drop rule” for a major race IN COMBINATION with another race. We also do not know if they re-tabulate multiracial people into one category or more. They don’t understand that multiracial is an identity itself. Project RACE has put our request in writing to the Census Bureau and Office of Management and Budget (OMB). Some of those tables are below or you can go to the URL below for more data.
CPS October 2011 - Detailed TablesTable 1. Enrollment Status of the Population 3 Years Old and Over, by Sex, Age, Race, Hispanic Origin, Foreign Born, and Foreign-Born Parentage: October 2011
- All Races [XLS - 38k] [CSV - 6k]
- White alone [XLS - 39k] [CSV - 6k]
- White alone non-Hispanic [XLS - 45k] [CSV - 5k]
- Black alone [XLS - 32k] [CSV - 5k]
- Asian alone [XLS - 39k] [CSV - 5k]
- Hispanic [XLS - 32k] [CSV - 6k]
- White alone or in combination [XLS - 38k] [CSV - 6k]
- White alone or in combination non-Hispanic [XLS - 38k] [CSV - 6k]
- Black alone or in combination [XLS - 45k] [CSV - 6k]
- Asian alone or in combination [XLS - 33k] [CSV - 5k]
- Foreign Born [XLS - 39k] [CSV - 5k]
- Children of Foreign Born Parents [XLS - 38k] [CSV - 6k]